Sunday, August 25, 2013

Chicken-filled weekend

Everyone who knows how to cook should have their secret recipe for chicken rice. Mine is rather simple but hubby loves it. The last time I cooked the chicken rice was like a year ago and recently he told me he wish to have chicken rice on his birthday which is still a long way to go..so I pull out my old recipe and try him his favorite chicken rice. But the rice wasn't as good as the previous one, maybe I cooked too much rice this round and the chicken gravy was insufficient to bring out the chicken aroma. Last time I was using one whole chicken for two person rice, so it really tasted good:)



Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 whole ginger, simply cut it
5 red onions,minced.
One whole garlic, minced.
Chicken
Soy sauce
Oyster sauce
Zhao Xing jiu
Salt and pepper

Steps:
1.marinate the chicken with soy sauce, oyster sauce, zhao xing jiu, salt and pepper.
2.Put the marinated chicken into fridge for about half an hour
3.heat your pan and throw in the ginger,onion and garlic.
4.stirred until fragrance then throw in your rinsed rice
5.stirred evenly and transfer them into rice cooker,add water as usual and cook your rice like how you usually cook them :p
6.meanwhile steam your chicken, you can add one cup of water.
7.when your rice is cooked,pour in some chicken oil or Essence from your steamed chicken
8.add some salt to taste.

Anyway, if you want, you can buy the ready chicken rice paste from hypermarket, save all the hassles:)

And here is my another chicken recipe to share, the roasted chicken for terry house warming on sat night.we were all suppose to bring one food for the potluck and this recipe is just too handy for a lazy saturday afternoon.my friend said it was nice but I think it could be juicier, if only I didn't have too much time before the party started, I roasted it a little bit longer than it should be. So lesson learnt.


Recipe:

Ingredients:
Herbs like thyme, rosemary
Paprika
Salt and pepper
Butter
One lemon
Celery

Steps:
1. Marinate evenly your chicken with all the above ingredient except lemon and celery. In and out.
2. Tug in the lemon and chunks of celery into the chicken
3. Preheat your oven to 220c for 15 min
4. Roast your chicken for 1 hour and 20 min

Easy peasy:) next time I would bake my cheesy Patato along with my chicken!and lots of vege too!! Hub said I should cook him a whole roasted chicken one day but since both of us are thigh lover, so who would eat the poooor breast meat!?

1 comment:

Elain said...

Me me..haha..yummmy ler..I like even though just tasted a bit nia:) next time cook again ya